Subclass 101/802 Child visas
If you are the child of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and want to migrate to Australia permanently, this may be the right visa option for you.
These visas allow the child of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to either:
- enter into Australia to be with their parent(s); or
- to remain in Australia (if the visa was applied for from inside Australia).
The basis for these visas is the parent – child relationship. Each child must make a separate application (brothers and sisters cannot be included in the same application).
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for a Child Visa:
- You must be sponsored by an eligible sponsor who is either an Australian Citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- You must be under 18 years old; OR over 18 but under 25 years old and studying full time; OR over 18 years old with a disability
- You must not ever have been married or engaged or in a defacto relationship
- If you are under 18 then everyone who has the legal right to decide where you live must agree to you migrating to Australia
- You must meet Australia’s health and character requirements.
The information here is just a brief overview of the process and many other points may need to be considered. We have helped many families reunite in Australia, so please get in touch and we can help you decide whether or not this is the right visa option for you.
Get in touch with Esther with a simple phone call or fill in the form below
and we can work with you on your Australian journey.